Gas Check Logo
Carbon monoxide(CO) is a colorless, odorless gas produced by appliances that are common sources, such as automobiles. When inhaled, CO blocks the ability of blood to transport oxygen and can cause serious illness to you and your family. During winter, when furnaces are operating and houses are sealed, a buildup of carbon monoxide is more likely to occur.

Exposure to small doses of CO over time can produce flu-like symptoms, including vomiting, trouble thinking & concentrating, vision problems, shortness of breath and heart palpitations. Exposure to large doses of CO leads to nausea, collapse and unconsciousness or death.

If you suspect CO poisoning is affecting your family, leave your home and call us at 1-800-768-6612 or your local fire department. ThompsonGas and your local fire department know how to detect and deal with CO.

If you are concerned about CO poisoning, the National Propane Gas Association sponsors a preventative maintenance service called GAS Check® (Gas Appliance System Check.) Inspecting your propane-fueled equipment for proper operation is one of the many services our experts provide. We will ease your worries by educating you on how to operate your system safely and answering any questions you may have.

Click Here for more information on Gas Check

(Information taken from